If you’ve been watching the news lately, there’s no doubt that you’ve witnessed coverage of the unimaginable tragedy gripping Turkey and the rest of the world. Due to an explosion within a mine, hundreds of miners have lost their lives. What you might not know, however, is that the explosion itself did not claim many of those lives. Rather, the acute and deadly effects of carbon monoxide poisoning did.

Within an enclosed and poorly ventilated place like a mine, people and animals are especially susceptible to the poisonous effects of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is the byproduct of incomplete combustion, and it can be produced by everything from an explosion to your gas stove malfunctioning. This is an important thing to consider while listening to coverage of this awful catastrophe. While the consequences of a mine explosion might seem incredibly remote to us within our homes, the truth is that the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning could be present in our living rooms and bed rooms.

That’s why it’s vitally important that you install carbon monoxide detectors within your home. Because carbon monoxide is tasteless and odorless, it’s completely invisible to all human senses. That’s why you need Crossfire’s state-of-the-art carbon monoxide detectors, which are incredibly sensitive and built to exceed industry and government standards. This gives you and your family unparalleled protection from carbon monoxide poisoning. While you might think that carbon monoxide poisoning is something that can only take place somewhere else, the truth is this: It could be a danger in your home right now. Don’t delay! Install one of Crossfire’s carbon monoxide detectors today.

Source: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-05-15/news/chi-turkish-mine-explosion-20140514_1_coal-mine-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-miners